[Samba] Upgrade from 4.0.0 to 4.0.3 creates unfixable errors with dbcheck

Chris Lewis clewis at inview.co.uk
Thu Feb 21 06:11:40 MST 2013

Hello,

Today I tried to upgrade from samba 4.0.0 to 4.0.3 on my test environment.

I patched the source with the diffs patch-4.0.0-4.0.1.diffs,
patch-4.0.1-4.0.2.diffs, patch-4.0.2-4.0.3.diffs , then make, make install.

# samba-tool dbcheck
Checking 807 objects

Not fixing nTSecurityDescriptor on CN=Performance Monitor
Users,CN=Builtin,DC=inview,DC=local              <--- all errors were
same for each object

Checked 807 objects (805 errors)

Tried

# samba-tool dbcheck --fix

  (fix all.)

Checked 807 objects (763 errors)

now

# samba-tool dbcheck

Not fixing nTSecurityDescriptor on CN=Performance Monitor
Users,CN=Builtin,DC=inview,DC=local              <--- all errors were
same for each object

Checked 807 objects (650 errors)

Fixing again has no further effect on the number of errors.

It should be noted that before the upgrade dbcheck found no errors

So what has changed between the versions  to cause this and how can I
fix these errors?

Cheers

Chris