[Samba] getent group return only local users

Ricky Nance ricky.nance at weaubleau.k12.mo.us
Wed Feb 20 10:20:53 MST 2013

Did you make the appropriate symlinks for winbind.so ? I use Ubuntu and
mine look like the following:

root at server:/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu# ls -alh | grep winbind
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root    40 Nov 23 14:45 libnss_winbind.so ->
/usr/local/samba/lib/libnss_winbind.so.2
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root    40 Nov 23 14:45 libnss_winbind.so.2 ->
/usr/local/samba/lib/libnss_winbind.so.2

However your distribution may store them in a different location, so first
you need to find out where your other libnss files are at, and then cd to
that directory (in my example, cd /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu ) and then do a ln
-s /usr/local/samba/lib/libnss_winbind.so.2 ./ && ln -s
/usr/local/samba/lib/libnss_winbind.so.2 ./libnss_winbind.so

(that is a lower case LN not IN)

Ricky