[Samba] permissions nobody:nogroup using winbind

Steve Snedeker steve at imninjas.com
Wed Feb 20 09:52:11 MST 2013

I have successfully configured winbind in 12.04 on a VM, but when I tried to install it on a physical box using the exact same process my permissions are screwed up. On my home directory which is mounted using autofs from an nfs4 file server the permissions are showing nobody:nogroup

I've tried everything I could, I even rsynced the etc directory from my working VM to my non-working physical machine and ran meld on the two and saw no apparent differences.

The only difference I can see would be hardware. Any ideas?