[Samba] Question marks, asterisks, colons in filenames

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Feb 19 01:50:25 MST 2013

wel ... just look here whats allowed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filename

The discussion of * or ? etc, in naming is bad should not be done here.

I had the same with my collection, what is did was, add a new options in my tagging.
artist and albumartist.  where artist is the person whos singing it, and the albumartist is the
person/groep who released it, and i dont use strang ( not allowed )  characters in the albumartist.

thats how you can fix it pretty easy.

and yes, i have "some" special characters in filenames, but only the allowed ones.
and no, i dont have problems with windows and unix with these files.

Louis