[Samba] smb.conf for Windows clients

Ricky Nance ricky.nance at weaubleau.k12.mo.us
Mon Feb 18 18:50:38 MST 2013

Alright, so you should find everything you are looking for here
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_DC_HOWTO_TEMP

ACL's make share manipulation much easier, pretty much
[share]
path = /some/path/on/linux
read only = no

then from windows, login as the domain administrator and you can set the
permissions to however you'd like.

Let us know if you have any more issues.
Ricky