[Samba] BIND9_DLZ CNAME Records Not Resolving from Windows Workstations

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Feb 18 03:57:21 MST 2013

Hai,
do : ipconfig /all

should look like this:

P:\>ipconfig /all

Windows IP-configuratie

        Host-name  . . . . . . . . . . . .: FOO
        Primair DNS-achtervoegsel. . . . .: internal.testdom.com
        DNS-achtervoegselsearchlist . . . : internal.testdom.com

I bet on your linux in resolve.conf you have the following line.

DOMAIN internal.testdom.com
SEARCH internal.testdom.com

In windows after adding to domain, you loose your search option, aka.
Its set to the domain name.

For example. PCNAME
My NT domain is called HOMEOFFICE.
My DNS domain is called internal.testdom.com

PC name after adding to NT domain, : PCNAME.HOMEOFFICE
and not pcname.internal.testcom.com

Also, if you used Forwarders in BIND, remove them.
add nameserver IP to resolve.conf

resolv.conf should look like.

domain internal.testdom.com
search internal.testdom.com