[Samba] access based shared enum = yes

Fabian von Romberg fromberg100 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 16 15:32:43 MST 2013

Hi Takahashi,

thanks for your reply.

Actually I tried that under the share definition.  Please see my smb.conf:

[global]
	workgroup = MYDOMAIN
	realm = MYDOMAIN.COM
	netbios name = PDC
	server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl, winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate

	log level = 2
	max log size = 0

[netlogon]
	path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/expomediosgye.com/scripts
	read only = No

[sysvol]
	read only = No

[shared2]
	path = /shared/share2
	read only = No
	access based share enum = yes
	hide unreadable = yes

With the administrator account I have set privileges to the user Administrator only.  When I login with another user Im still able to see the share, however when I want to open it I get an access denied error which is correct, the thing is that I want to hide the share when the user has no access to it.

Thanks and regards,
Fabian