[Samba] attribute used to look up ldap users (v4.0.3)

David Salib, Mr david.salib at mcgill.ca
Thu Feb 14 10:56:38 MST 2013

Hello,

I setup a machine joined it to the domain. The issue I'm trying to solve is setting what ldap attribute is used to authenticate users. sAMAccountName seems to be used, but I need to set it to something else because of the way the AD is being used here.

I found this thread which goes along the same line : http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2011-February/160807.html

I haven't been working with AD very long, but from what I gathered, the option of chosing which ldap attribute is used to log in is the only thing keeping us from moving away from vas.

Regards,

David Salib
Systems Administrator
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE)