[Samba] Samba4: Extending the Schema

Bob Miller bob at computerisms.ca
Mon Feb 11 14:50:23 MST 2013

On Mon, 2013-02-11 at 20:11 +0100, Gémes Géza wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > We are thinking of Developing a corporate Directory application the would
> > pull user information from Samba4 Ad. However for our needs we need some
> > additional User attributes that don't seem to be available as part of the
> > AD-schema, such as "Hire Date" or "Emergancy contact information", so it
> > seems to me that I would need to Extend the Schema to make this user
> > attributes available. My question is: Can this be done? and if so has
> > anyone done something similar and can direct me to the right place for
> > information? Any help is greatly appreciated.
> >
> Hi,
>
> As a jump-start: https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/Schema_extenstions
>
> Regards
>
> Geza Gemes

One thing that is not on that page that I found useful was the schema
snap in.  Google will show you how to enable it.  It is very labour
intensive if you are going to be adding tens or hundreds of attributes,
but for adding two or three attributes, I found it much faster and
easier to use than ldifs.