[Samba] BDC Rejecting auth request from client + Windows 7

David Noriega tsk133 at my.utsa.edu
Mon Feb 11 09:52:48 MST 2013

We are at a university and have no control over the network, thus I made
the BDC use a dynamic ip so its on the same subnet as the clients.

The PDC is running Samba v 3.5.10-125(Centos 6.3) and the BDC is
3.5.19-44(Centos 5.8)

Both servers use the same LDAP server.

pdbedit does show the same accounts on both servers.

Here is my smb.conf for the PDC:
[global]
        workgroup = XXXX
        netbios name = XXXX
        server string = PDC %v
        encrypt passwords = yes
        #enable privileges = yes
        passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://x.x.x.x
        ldapsam:trusted = yes
        domain master = yes
        preferred master = yes
        local master = yes
        os level = 255
        dns proxy = yes
        wins support = yes
        name resolve order = host wins lmhosts bcast
        domain logons = yes
        client ntlmv2 auth = yes
        loglevel = 3
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        syslog = 0
        time server = yes
        ldap suffix = dc=x,dc=x,dc=x
        ldap user suffix = ou=people
        ldap group suffix = ou=group
        ldap machine suffix = ou=machines
        ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap
        ldap ssl = start tls
        ldap admin dn = cn=samba,ou=DSA,dc=x,dc=x,dc=x
        logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
        logon script = netlogon.bat
        time server = Yes
        deadtime = 10
        add user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -m "%u"
        delete user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-userdel "%u"
        add group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupadd -p "%g"
        delete group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupdel "%g"
        add user to group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -m "%u" "%g"
        delete user from group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -x "%u"
"%g"
       set primary group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-usermod -g "%g" "%u"
       add machine script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w "%u"
       case sensitive = No
       dont descend = /proc,/dev,/etc,/lib,/lost+found,/initrd
       printcap name = /etc/printcap
       load printers = no
       interfaces = eth0
       bind interfaces only = yes

And for the BDC:
[global]
        workgroup = XXXX
        netbios name = BDC
        server string = BDC %v
        encrypt passwords = yes
        enable privileges = yes
        passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://pavlov.cbi.utsa.edu
        ldapsam:trusted = yes
        domain master = no
        client ntlmv2 auth = yes
        local master = yes
        preferred master = yes
        os level = 50
        dns proxy = no
        wins server = x.x.x.x
        domain logons = yes
        loglevel = 3
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        syslog = 0
        time server = yes
        ldap suffix = dc=x,dc=x,dc=x
        ldap user suffix = ou=people
        ldap group suffix = ou=group
        ldap machine suffix = ou=machines
        ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap
        ldap ssl = start tls
        ldap admin dn = cn=samba,ou=DSA,dc=x,dc=x,dc=x
        logon path = ""
        logon script = netlogon.bat
        remote announce = x.x.x.x/XXXX
        remote browse sync = x.x.x.x
        printcap name = /etc/printcap
        load printers = no
        interfaces = eth2
        bind interfaces only = yes
        add user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -m "%u"
        delete user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-userdel "%u"
        add group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupadd -p "%g"
        delete group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupdel "%g"
        add user to group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -m "%u" "%g"
        delete user from group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -x "%u"
"%g"
        set primary group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-usermod -g "%g" "%u"
        add machine script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w %u