[Samba] NTLM autentication problems

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Feb 11 04:08:34 MST 2013

On Fri, 2013-02-08 at 11:30 -0200, Natália Vaz wrote:
> I'm trying to configure Squid ntlm autentication on Samba4 DC. I followed
> Squid and Samba's documentation and i got success when  I login with user
> natalia.silva, but if I log with natalia.vaz i get the error

We would need much more detail than that.  Do you mean to say that you
can only log in as the user's samAccountName, but not as a
userPrinicpalName?

Currently, for NTLM authentication, we only accept samAccountName
values.  This may be a bug - if windows behaves differently, I'm very
happy to fix it.  If so, please file a bug in bugzilla.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett