[Samba] Trust problems after upgrade from 3.5 to 3.6

Mario Codeniera mario.codeniera at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 04:59:04 MST 2013

What do you get when you issue the command? This command will list the
Interdomain Trusts
net rpc trustdom list -U <admin user>

If not you can add a relationship, it means the AD domain is trusted by
your local domain (ex your samba)
net rpc trustdom add <AD name> <passwd> -U <admin user>

because you want a two-way trust add this one, local domain has given trust
from the AD.
net rpc trustdom establish <SAMBA/local domain> -U <admin user>

If you now issue the command wbinfo -g, you will now displays the AD and
samba groups.

But be sure to check also in the AD, trust domain utility.

Hope this will give you trust, in your trust relationship problem. I don't
know if you broke the relationship upon upgrade that's why you got this one
or in ADs.

Regards,
Mario