[Samba] BDC Rejecting auth request from client + Windows 7

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 13:34:29 MST 2013

I don't quite understand-  why does the BDC have a dynamic IP address.  Or
have a I misunderstood?   The DHCP server can provide the IP of the WINS
servers to DHCP clients.    Are the XP and Win 7 workstations on a separate
subnet than the servers?

What version are the samba servers?    Do both samba server point to a
single LDAP server or do they each have their own LDAP server in
replication?    Does "pdbedit -Lv" show the same accounts on each DC?
Is it possible that the Windows 7 machine accounts have not replicated to
the BDC?

Have to specificied the ports in the smb.conf file-  by default samba uses
ports 137,138, and 445.  In theory you can disable port 445 (it reduces some
the transport warnings) but I find that causes problems with name resolution
when a router or vpn is involved.   So better off just sticking with the
defaults.