[Samba] Trouble with user who has mixed case login (upper and lower)

BillDorrian at pgatourhq.com BillDorrian at pgatourhq.com
Thu Feb 7 15:55:33 MST 2013

We're having an issue with a user who has a login with mixed case - we'll
call him "USERone".

Samba does not recognize him; it says that the "user does not exist" even
though he does - and we're using the correct case for each letter. We
would rename him to an all lower case name, but he there are multiple
folders, files, and groups and processes that we'd have to change. Doing
so would be painful.

We are using RHEL 6 and our version is 3.5.10-125.el6.x86_64.

Any help that anyone can provide would be awesome.

Thanks,
Bill D.

Bill Dorrian
Network Administrator
Desk: 904-273-7625
Cell: 904-859-9471

" The 2013 FedExCup Season is here. Follow all the action on PGATOUR.COM. "
"The information contained in this transmission and any attachments may contain privileged and confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message."