[Samba] AD DC LDAP support for the 'password change' extended operation

Luis Angel Fernandez Fernandez laffdez at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 10:05:55 MST 2013

2013/2/6 Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org>

> I can help on this part of the question:  No, the extended operation is
> not supported - it remains a wishlist item that one of our developers
> was working on at some point, but has not progressed beyond that.

  First of all, thank you for your answer.

  I think I don't understand what's happening with my setup then. Using
this ldapadmin (http://www.ldapadmin.org/index.html) client I could create
a password for one "dn" I made up
(CN=luisangel.fernandez,OU=alisys.net,OU=dominios,DC=aliratiun,DC=tic).
Does ldapadmin use any other "extension" to change the password?

  And do you have any idea what could I have been changed so it's not
working anymore? I know, it's a weird question, but I don't know what else
to do.

  Using wireshark I get an STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED as response to a NT
Create AndX request with \samr as path. I get that just before ldapadmin
shows a dialog saying that RPC server is unavailable. And in samba logs
nothing seems wrong.

--
Linkedin profile (http://es.linkedin.com/in/lafdez)
G+ profile (https://plus.google.com/u/0/115320207805121303027/about)