[Samba] fail to display xfs quotas instead of smbcquotas on Win clients

Björn JACKE bj at SerNet.DE
Wed Feb 6 11:13:02 MST 2013

On 2013-02-06 at 08:31 +0100 Philipp sent off:
> Samba 3.6.3 on Ubuntu.
> Filesystem is xfs, grpquota and usrquota are enabled.
> root at host:# repquota /mntpoint displays the correct data (see below).
> In smb.conf I defined max protocol = SMB2.
>
> When running smbcquotas //host/share -L I'm getting displayed a value of
> 16GB for every user share. This is the value that is displayed on the
> windows 7 boxes when looking at the network shares in Start -> Computer.
> However, I'd like to see there the real file system quotas instead of the
> smbcquotas. Is there a way how to do that?

this should have been fixed since a while but Ubuntu has a quite outdated
version that doesn't have those fixes. Try the recent 3.6 packages from
enterprisesamba.org for Ubuntu instead - they will work better for you I guess.
The smb quota command may work as a work around but will put a lot more load on
your system.

Cheers
Björn
  ☎ +49-551-370000-0, ℻ +49-551-370000-9