[Samba] Upgrading from 4.0.0 to 4.0.3

Brian Haupt brian.s.haupt at ama-inc.com
Wed Feb 6 06:14:55 MST 2013

I have the same question.

-----Original Message-----
From: samba-bounces at lists.samba.org [mailto:samba-bounces at lists.samba.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Simmons
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 2:15 PM
To: samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: [Samba] Upgrading from 4.0.0 to 4.0.3

I made note the following in the 4.0.3 release notes about upgrades:

o  For more details concerning the ACL problem with delegation of privileges
   and deletion of accounts over LDAP interface (bugs #8909 and #9267)
   regarding upgrades from older 4.0.x versions, please see

     http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_DC_HOWTO#Upgrading

   which will be filled with details once we have worked out an upgrade
   strategy.

I assume the ACL problems being referred to here are the reason I have "acl search:false" in my smb.conf. Is it OK to perform the upgrade now, if that is left in smb.conf?