[Samba] cannot join an existing AD as either a RODC or DC w/ samba4

Dewayne Geraghty dewayne.geraghty at heuristicsystems.com.au
Wed Feb 6 01:56:29 MST 2013

Mike,
I've spent a good part of the day trying to figure out the sequence for getting a samba4 AD DC and Samba4 RODC

>From the Microsoft site, I recall seeing that RODC requires a domain functional level of W2k8R2.  There is also a clue at
(http://blog.tridgell.net/) to a wintest suite. Within your source tree you'll find test-s4-howto.py under /samba-4.0.3/wintest. It
only talks about W2K8.  There's also "W2K8R2C" and "W2K8R2A" which are machines names, so disregard.

Unfortunately without doc or "list" guidance, I'll defer trying to work out the incantation for a pure samba4 AD DC - RODC setup for
the time-being.  Tridges video for a multimaster is enticing but uses 4.0.0Alpha11  http://blog.tridgell.net/?p=12

Good luck.
Regards, Dewayne.