[Samba] Samba DC Backup Best Practices

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Wed Feb 6 01:31:52 MST 2013

Best working for me 2 physical hosts PDC/Openldap  BDC/Openldap Ldap
Master-Master Replication. So PDC is down BDC
will serv authentication and shares This is done with : Ucarp servs a unique
IP for the domain only the master holds the ip. When the master is down the
bdc gets the ip.
The shares run on a glusterfs brick
and are replicated in real time from PDC to BDC.
For Wins samba4wins (http://www.enterprisesamba.org/samba4wins/) running two
wins server one on PDC the other on BDC
Push and Pull. Both set in the network config of the windows clients.

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV
Tropenklinik Paul-Lechler-Krankenhaus
Paul-Lechler-Str. 24