[Samba] Resetting a User Password From S3 or S4 Member Server

Thomas Simmons twsnnva at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 16:45:07 MST 2013

Is it possible to reset a users password from a member server without
knowing the current password? I was able to do this with S3, though it was
not truly a "member" server - I configured the server in question to have
direct access to OpenLDAP in smb.conf. I have a member server joined to my
S4 domain and a user can change his or her own password via passwd, kpasswd
or smbpasswd, however I would like to have the ability to reset a user's
forgotten password from this server myself.

Thanks,
Thomas