[Samba] Samba 4.0.0beta6 to Samba 4.02 Upgrade

Daniel Colvett daniel.colvett at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 08:56:57 MST 2013

I currently have a Ubuntu 12.04 server running Samba 4.0.0beta6 in our
small development network and we are wanting to launch another Ubuntu box
running the stable release of Samba 4. If I install the stable release of
samba 4 and provision it against the 4.0.0beta6 samba PDC, will it
gracefully copy all the existing users and machines? If not, is
there database file that I can copy out which contains all the users and
machines we currently have on the 4.0beta6 PDC? Thanks.