[Samba] Samba Server Under Microsoft Windows Network

Fabian von Romberg fromberg100 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 3 02:04:02 MST 2013

Hi Hleb,

thank you very much for the tip.

I have another question.  As you might see Im just setting up my samba4 server as an active directory domain controller.

When I login from XP, everything works fine, but when I tried to open a shared folder on my samba server I get asked for username and password.
I type the same username and password as I do on the login, but it keeps asking for username and password.  Im running samba in debug level 3.
It is funny, every time I try with username and password, I dont see on the console that what I put as username/password is validated.
For your reference my smb.conf as follows:

[global]
	workgroup = MYDOMAIN
	realm = MYDOMAIN.COM
	netbios name = PDC
	server services = rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, drepl, kdc, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate, smb
	dcerpc endpoint servers = epmapper, wkssvc, rpcecho, samr, netlogon, lsarpc, spoolss, drsuapi, dssetup, unixinfo, browser, eventlog6, backupkey, dnsserver, winreg, srvsvc

[netlogon]
	path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/expomediosgye.com/scripts
	read only = No

[sysvol]
	path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
	read only = No