[Samba] Frustrated with "network name is no longer available"

Linda W samba at tlinx.org
Fri Feb 1 19:32:05 MST 2013

I'm not sure I've seen that message before.

Do you get it when trying to login to the domain?

or pinging it, or mounting a file system?

Have you tried looking at the traffic with "wireshark"  and seeing how
your two
clients differ in their conversation at whatever point you are failing?

Are the network and netmask settings all the same/in agreement?

Is there a name conflict between the two win7 stations?

Just some random thoughts...

You said you applied registry settings to both machines -- can you
compare the
smb and networking sections to see if they are the same (except for the
address?)

Are the settings on the local-security-policy page the same on both?
(like one
doesn't have encryption turned or require ldap but not the other... or such?