[Samba] Samba4 AD sssd or pam_krb

Chan Min Wai dcmwai at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 04:31:34 MST 2013

Thank you for the help.

I'm trying with nslcd.
That seem to be better than what nss_ldap or nss_pam can do.
Much better...

But I've a question according to the setup page.
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Local_user_management_and_authentication/nslcd

According to method 2 using kerbeos.
I was trying that I've get method 1 running successfully...

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Centralized_authentication_with_Samba_AD_/HOWTO

Just trying to write another wiki for gentoo with this.

But it seem that this kerberos on the guide was using mit-krb and not
heimdal.

So would like to ask the hemidal expert on the following:

"k5start -f /etc/krb5.nslcd.keytab -U -o nslcd -K 360 -b -k /tmp/nslcd.tkt"

How can I change this to heimdal base.
I try
kinit --cache=/var/run/nslcd/nslcd.tkt --keytab=/etc/krb5.nslcd.keytab
ldapbind at EXAMPLE.COM nslcd

but get some error like

nslcd: failed to bind to LDAP server ldap://127.0.0.1/: Local error:
SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error:  Miscellaneous failure (see text)
(Server (ldap/localhost at EXAMPLE) unknown)

Thank you.