[Samba] Upgrade Samba 3 -> Samba 4 AD DC (Debian Wheezy)

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Sun Dec 29 15:26:15 MST 2013

Hello Peter,

Am 29.12.2013 22:28, schrieb Peter Schaefer:
> I just upgraded from Samba 3.6.6 to the Sernet Samba 4.1.7 packages as
> AD DC  following the Samba AD DC / classicupgrade HOWTO and thought to
> share the experience so other users might find it in the archives.

Always good to hear stories of migrations to improve the documentation.

> I have to say a BIG THANK YOU to all Samba4 developers for developing
> Samba4. Another BIG THANK YOU goes to Sernet for packaging, too. In
> addition, the Samba4 wiki pages mentioned above helped a lot. There's
> always room for improvement, but the documented steps lead in the right
> direction.

I already have the detailed re-writing of the upgrading HowTo on my list
for a longer time. But since I moved 2 month ago, I haven't got my
internet connection and just being online just with a limited and
unstable UMTS connection :-( . But I'm collecting the
problems/hints/wishes for later. So let me know what kind of
improvements you are thinking about, and I'll try to add them.

Regards,
Marc