[Samba] Samba4 AD sssd or pam_krb

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 28 09:30:44 MST 2013

On 28/12/13 14:38, Chan Min Wai wrote:
> Dear Michael,
>
> I'm on gentoo, as far as I know sssd required mit-krb5 and wouldn't compile
> heimdal...
>
> I do hope we can directly use shadow attribute from Samba AD and make it
> work like ldap...
The hint is in the name, Samba 4 is an implementation of Active
Directory, it is not at this time LDAP. Having said that, it does have
the 'User' objectClass which has the auxiliaryClasses, shadowAccount &
posixAccount. The attributes of shadowAccount are:
   uid, userPassword, description, shadowLastChange,shadowMin,
shadowMax, shadowWarning, shadowInactive, shadowExpire,shadowFlag

Are these of any use to you ?

Also if you cannot use sssd, then why not try winbind ?

Rowland