[Samba] Samba4 AD sssd or pam_krb

Chan Min Wai dcmwai at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 05:12:30 MST 2013

Dear All,

I was using Samba3 + LDAP central authentication for the pass 5 years.

And since need to move to Samba4 AD was wonder if there is a way to do
linux central authentication without sssd but using pam_krb
I'm asking this because I've removed mit-krb5 on my testing machine as
required by samba4 in my gentoo.

So without mit-krb5 sssd don't compile.

So was wonder if there any other solution and how hard it will be.

I've 2 linux gentoo server will dependent on this central authentication
(at lease the user Id and the GID have to be correct)

without the proper UID and GID display, I can still see the number just
very not convenient and hard to see what I'm doing...

Thank You