[Samba] debian wheezy, sernet samba 4.1.3 join Windows 2008R2 AD as DC. Success ( basic Howto included )

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Dec 23 02:00:24 MST 2013

Hi steve.

Yes, what you saw is correct.

After install of samba these are the rights., and as the howto says, is incorrect..
ls -al /var/lib/samba/private/
-rw------- 1 root root     947 Dec 20 11:36 dns.keytab

and bit lower in the howto.
chgrp bind /var/lib/samba/private/dns.keytab
chmod g+r /var/lib/samba/private/dns.keytab

which results in :
-rw-r-----  1 root bind     947 Dec 20 11:36 dns.keytab

i just installed my second DC based on this howto, and if you follow it exacly.
You get a 100% error free setup.

Greetz,

Louis