[Samba] Samba 3.0.28 NOT WORKONG WITH WIN 7 CLIENTS

riyaj.shaikh at wipro.com riyaj.shaikh at wipro.com
Fri Dec 20 10:39:02 MST 2013

Hi Team,

I am Riyaj from WIPRO contacting you for very stange SAMBA issue.

We have Samba V 3.0.28 running on AIX 5.3 and AIX 6.1 with WIN XP as client computers on DOMAIN A

Now we are planning to migrate all the client computers to WIN 7 running on DOMAIN B which has trust relationship with DOMAIN A

While I provided access to the client from AIX side they are not able to access it from WIN 7 computer and it is giving WRON user name or password error.

I think I need to upgrade my Samba to latest possible level but I am struggling to get the binaries for it. It seems some NTLM V2 supportable issue.

We don't want to do compromises with Security settings on CLIENT WIN 7 Computers hence please suggest a way forward.

I could get download location for upgraded version of SAMBA for AIX 5.3 and AIX 6.1 would be great.

Thanks,
Riyaz.

www.wipro.com