[Samba] Getent passwd don't display domain users

Renzo Di Vincenzo renzo.divincenzo at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 03:32:10 MST 2013

I installed the following packages on Centos 6.x: samba4 samba4-winbind
samba4-client  krb5-workstation samba4-winbind-clients.
I have to join Centos to my 2008 domain as a member server.
I followed this How-To
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba/Domain_Member but don't work fine.
I have successfully joined Centos to my domain but "wbinfo -u" and
"getent passwd" does not show domain users.

I have tested kerberos with the following without success:

[code]
[root at centos ~]# kinit -V administrator at patrick.it
Using default cache: /tmp/krb5cc_0
Using principal: administrator at patrick.it
Password for administrator at patrick.it:
kinit: KDC reply did not match expectations while getting initial
credentials
[/code]

While the following works well:

[code]
[root at centos ~]# net -U Administrator ads group -l
Enter Administrator's password:

Group name            Comment
-----------------------------
Administrators        Administrators have complete and unrestricted
access to the computer/domain
[/code]

Yum after the installation of the packages located in /lib64 only the
libssn_winbind.so.2 but the

[root at centos lib64]# ldconfig -v | grep libnss_winbind

display this

     libnss_winbind.so.2 -> libnss_winbind.so.2

how can I solve this problem?

--
*Renzo Di Vincenzo
Pross S.r.l.