[Samba] DomainDnsZone Replication Shows 200,000 Objects

lp101 lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 10:44:21 MST 2013

     During the samba domain join process I see over 200,000+ objects
that need to be replicated. This takes several hours to complete if at
all. I don't believe this to be correct. I'm currently running Samba
4.1.0 on several DC's across a couple sites. Tried to join a new DC
using Samba4.1.0 as well but it failed with an error code similar to the
one found here

https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2013-October/176237.html.

  Reverted back to a 4.0.9 build and it completed the join process
without this error. I would like to join another DC but it takes an
excessive amount of time to replicate the DomainDnsZone partition. I
can't fathom this containing 200,000+ objects. My domain consist of
approximately 125 users and 150 machines. Thanks for any help.