[Samba] Samba 4.0 and 4.1 debian packages

support at remsnet.de support at remsnet.de
Thu Dec 19 01:39:32 MST 2013

Andrew,

Probebaly not in your mind..

Since the 4.x are stuck as you said.
Any depend Debian  based platform  are allmost stuck .

Myself using i.e arm5 debian on rasperrry´s  and the only stable binary release are the 4.0.0beta2.
There are NO backports at all for arm5 on platform i´m useing( CPU base für rasberrys are at +1,2Mill worldwide at now ).

I assume the Samba Comunity here shuold consider provide stable Mainsteam  Debian packages.
After Fix this ... any depend debian Platform  may use that Mainstream releases ...

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Horst Venzke ; PGP NET : 1024G/082F2E6D ;  http://www.remsnet.de