[Samba] Troubles getting samba4 working (from samba 3)

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 18 14:44:07 MST 2013

On 18/12/13 21:34, Michael Lustfield wrote:

> I'm using Debian 7. The installed version of samba is 4.0.0.
I had a feeling that was what you were going to say, that version is
well out of date and is just for the AD server, can I suggest that you
download and compile the latest version, it is very easy and will get
you to where you want to go. Failing that, use either the Sernet
packages or Samba 3.
If you decide to go down the 'compile it yourself' path, I will assist
you all that I can.

Rowland