[Samba] Linux client of the domain

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 18 10:01:10 MST 2013

On 18/12/13 16:51, Cyril wrote:
> Le 18/12/2013 17:14, steve a écrit :

>>> You may need it if you want to get unix information from LDAP, no?.
>>> Then
>>> you can centralize windows login and Unix login in the same user object
>>> in the AD.
>>

>> No, not at all. All the ldap information you need for single domain sign
>> on to both Linux and windows is available with or without it. You only
>> need sfu if you want to administer Linux domain users on a windows box.
>> HTH
>> Steve
>>

> Does sfu included in RSAT ?
>
> I have attached a print screen of "AD Users and computers" in a
> windows box that I use to administrate the domain.
>
> Cyril

No attachment found, but if you want to use a windows machine to
administrate domain linux clients then you need the SFU attributes,
these are standard after windows server 2003R2 and are included with
Samba4 but you need to either provision with --use-rfc2307 or later add
the 'ypServ30.ldif'. You may then have a problem getting the UNIX
Attributes tab to show in RSAT, a quick google should find you the way
to sort that problem.

Rowland