[Samba] Success with samba4 ( debian wheezy member server )

Cyril cyril.lalinne at 3d-com.fr
Wed Dec 18 02:13:15 MST 2013

Le 18/12/2013 09:25, L.P.H. van Belle a écrit :

> I forgot to mention, im using the sernet-samba packages.
> http://www.enterprisesamba.com/samba
>
> below also works on ubuntu.
> create an account, and add the samba4 repo for ubuntu.
>
> What server is the dhcp server and the (Dynamic) DNS server.
> windows ? samba ?  other ?
>
> and really a "server" with a dhcp adres. yes it can be done.
> but you should put a "mac"/ip reservation in the dhcp so your server
> always gets the same ip.
>
> Louis

I didn't explain well my network configuration :

Samba 4 on a Cent0S 6.4 server, compiled from the last v4-1-stable
version on GIT. Next time I'll use package ... so I'll get updates.

The DNS service is the internal one from Samba. The server IP is static.
I have also installed dhcpd service on this server.

There's no other servers on this network

I was able to join a win7 workstation without any issue.
The roaming profile was working fine

I was now looking into adding a linux workstation to the domain.
And give to users the same possibility as they can have on windows
(roaming profiles)

Cyril