[Samba] Active Directory dynamic DNS update

Richard Connon richard at connon.me.uk
Tue Dec 17 03:02:08 MST 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to work out an issue with dynamic DNS update when I join my
samba 3.6 client to my samba 4 AD domain.

The issue seems to be the client machine attempting to assert its
"local" domain name in its DNS update rather than using its hostname
combined with the AD domain name as, for example, windows would.

Is there a way to tell samba to send dynamic DNS updates for
<hostname>.<AD domain name> rather than <hostname>.<local domain name>

Regards,
Richard