[Samba] Howto for manage unix data with ADUC

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 10 11:17:32 MST 2013

On 10/12/13 17:03, Stéphane PURNELLE wrote:
> Sorry, I don't understand what you want to say.
>
> I just want to test how Aduc (windows) manage uidNumber, gidNumber for
> Unix.
>
> In french: guinea pig= cochon dinde.
>
> bye
>
> -----------------------------------
> Stéphane PURNELLE         Admin. Systèmes et Réseaux
> Service Informatique       Corman S.A.     Tel : 00 32 (0)87/342467
>
> Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com> wrote on 10/12/2013 17:55:22:
>
> > De : Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com>
> > A : Stéphane PURNELLE <stephane.purnelle at corman.be>,
> > Cc : samba at lists.samba.org
> > Date : 10/12/2013 17:55
> > Objet : Re: [Samba] Howto for manage unix data with ADUC
> >
> > On 10/12/13 16:51, Stéphane PURNELLE wrote:
> > What is a guinea pig?
> >
> > What OS you ask :
> >
> > The DC : Suse Linux
> > The file/print server : Suse Linux
> >
> > Samba 4 work on microsoft windows, it's a joke ?
> >
> > I know how to add unix tab, but is the other part of the
> > configuration that I need some information.
> >
> > have a nice day
> >
> > -----------------------------------
> > Stéphane PURNELLE           Admin. Systèmes et Réseaux
> > Service Informatique       Corman S.A.       Tel : 00 32 (0)87/342467
> >
> > Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com> wrote on 10/12/2013
> 17:47:17:
> >
> > > De : Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com>
> > > A : Stéphane PURNELLE <stephane.purnelle at corman.be>,
> samba at lists.samba.org,
> > > Date : 10/12/2013 17:47
> > > Objet : Re: [Samba] Howto for manage unix data with ADUC

> with account

> done).
> file I must
> configure xID

> ADUC (if

> about

> (0)87/342467
> > > Hi, I might just be the 'some people' you refer to ;-)
> > >
> > > What OS does your server run? does it have a gtk based GUI and do you
> > > feel like being a guinea pig?
> > >
> > > Rowland
> > >
> > Boy, you sure are touchy, but I repeat, do you feel like helping me
> > by being a guinea pig and testing something? only problem is it only
> > runs on a GTK based desktop.
> >
> > Rowland
OK, there is a language problem here, you are one up on me, I only speak
English and you speak French and understand English.

A 'guinea pig' is somebody who tests something new and I have something
new that I have written that needs testing, hence I am looking for
'guinea pigs'

Being English we have many names for the same thing (we also call guinea
pigs, cavies), also words can have many meanings. LOL

When you say 'SUSE linux' do you mean 'openSUSE' 'SLES' or 'SLED'? and
is it 32bit or 64bit?

Rowland