[Samba] SSH - Winbind and Keybased Auth

Harry Jede walk2sun at arcor.de
Tue Dec 10 08:05:09 MST 2013

On 15:51:50 wrote Nathan Frankish:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Ill try and build a test machine later to test the patches. But in
> conclusion just so I'm clear, using pam_winbind and SSH keys will
> essentially be a unsupported configuration resulting in a potential
> security issue for anyone who uses restrict_membership as part of
> the auth chain? Whilst it will worth in the auth chain with users
> who authenticate with passwords, attempting to use winbind as part
> of the account chain could result in a user being authorized that
> shouldn’t be.
>
> Eg this configuration:
> [nathan at NEWSERVER ~]$ cat /etc/pam.d/system-auth-ac
> auth required /lib/security/$ISA/pam_env.so
> auth sufficient /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok
> auth sufficient /lib/security/$ISA/pam_winbind.so use_first_pass
> require_membership_of=LinuxServerAdmins_SG,NEWSERVER_access_sg auth
> required /lib/security/$ISA/pam_deny.so

Declare pam_winbind.so as required and _not_ as sufficient.
In case of success, hop over pam_deny.so.
Try these 5 lines:

auth required /lib/security/$ISA/pam_env.so
auth [success=2 default=ignore] /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok
auth [success=1 default=ignore] /lib/security/$ISA/pam_winbind.so use_first_pass
require_membership_of=LinuxServerAdmins_SG,NEWSERVER_access_sg auth required /lib/security/$ISA/pam_deny.so
auth requisite /lib/security/$ISA/pam_deny.so
auth required /lib/security/$ISA/pam_permit.so

--

Regards
	Harry Jede