[Samba] SSH - Winbind and Keybased Auth

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Dec 8 20:27:16 MST 2013

On Mon, 2013-12-09 at 03:16 +0000, Nathan Frankish wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Sorry not verbatim. Did a find and replace that might have introduced
> spaces. I am happy to send you the configuration directly if you want
> to see the original config
>
> This is an old configuration that’s migrated forward a few times. It
> originally would have been system generated by one of the red hat
> system tools, however its been handcrafted since.
>
> Trying to understand what you mean by making this directive illegal,
> do you mean that the require_membership directive wont restrict users
> anymore in the account section, thereby not fixing the issue ive
> raised about ssh-keys and winbind?

Yes.  This directive was accepted by the configuration grammar, but
never worked the way you thought it worked.  It only ever worked during
password authentication, not account module processing.  So, instead I
worked with Garming Sam to implement this (making it not even appear to
work, and documenting this fact) on Friday.

I know it's not much help (as you wanted this to work), but if you could
test that it fails in a useful way in your configuration, that would be
most helpful.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett

--