[Samba] Question about Kerberos and what is the different if compile with internal heimdal or mit-krb5

Chan Min Wai dcmwai at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 09:13:03 MST 2013

Dear All,

Would like some know the answer on the above question.
What is the different between compiling using internal heimdal library vs
mit-krb5.

I'm on gentoo and thus like other distro having issue on the system-wide
mit-krb and removing it is not that convenient (But still possible)

I've try to compile samba 4.1.2 with internal heimdal library to work as a
Domain controller

But when I see the docs that I need to have krbdc or kinit.. It make me
feel that I need to run krb as well..
but I don't know the different to run external heimdal (krb)
I've check on the #samba chatroom.

lyken with a CentOS told that he have mit-krb and the DC is running fine...
Which is more that what I know...

Please help

Thank You.