[Samba] CTDB: public addresses not longer available?

Alexander Födisch foedisch at eva.mpg.de
Fri Dec 6 02:57:52 MST 2013

Hi,

I have a strange problem with our CTDB cluster:
 From time to time all(!) public IP addresses are not reachable, although ctdb status and ctdb ip are ok and
log files (/var/log/messages and ctdb.log) seems to be ok.
Also the outputs of "ip route" and "ip rule" are fine.

All other IP addresses on alle nodes are working fine, just the IPs managed by CTDB are not working. A restart
of ctdb service does not solve the problem. Only a reboot seems to be a solution...

Used CTDB version: 1.0.114.7-1

Is it a known problem? Does somebody has an idea?

Thanks!
Alex