[Samba] What in samba 4.1 prevents a '/' share?

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Dec 6 01:44:20 MST 2013

Andrew,

this happens after upgrading to at least kernel 3.2.x AND some upgrades samba 3.6.x
i have seen this on all my servers ( debian/ubuntu )
adding the sec= fixes this.
same with lower samba versions, i have 1 Sco6 server with samba 3.0.x for that one,
i've set sec=ntlm, All others now have sec=ntlmv2
without the sec, same error and impossible to mount.

Louis