[Samba] Samba 4 DNS name Planing

me at electronico.nc me at electronico.nc
Thu Dec 5 13:11:24 MST 2013

Thanks Louis and Chan for the replies,
There is still something I miss ...

DNS for the public domain is controlled by a external Web hosting
company ( and we have full control on it ).
domain.tld ( alias www.domain.tld ) -> external public website
server.domain.tld -> Samba server
mail.domain.tld -> mail server

Only the Samba (LAN + VPN) users are using the internal Samba DNS and
can resolve for example pc1.domain.tld

Can you still see some issues with the 'bad' domain naming is this case ?

Thanks again for your time.
Nicolas