[Samba] Winbind backend = ldap pull uid-number and gid-number ldap values ?

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 5 04:16:40 MST 2013

On 04/12/13 22:42, Werthmuller, Derek wrote:
> There are no local system uid or gid numbers less than 500 on this system so it will be fine.
> Removed the space as suggested.  idmap config DOM : range = 500-2000
>
> Any other suggestions to get this working?

OK, lets try plan B

yum install sssd
authconfig --enablesssd --enablesssdauth --enablelocauthorize --update

Edit /etc/sssd/sssd.conf to look similar to this

[sssd]
config_file_version = 2
services = nss, pam
domains = default

[nss]
filter_users = root,ldap,named,avahi,haldaemon,dbus,radiusd,news,nscd

[pam]

[domain/default]
cache_credentials = True
enumerate = false
id_provider = ldap
auth_provider = ldap
chpass_provider = ldap
access_provider = ldap
krb5_server = DC1.example.com
krb5_kpasswd = DC1.example.com
krb5_realm = EXAMPLE.COM

ldap_referrals = false
ldap_schema = rfc2307bis
ldap_access_order = expire
ldap_account_expire_policy = ad
ldap_force_upper_case_realm = true

ldap_user_object_class = user
ldap_user_name = sAMAccountName
ldap_user_home_directory = unixHomeDirectory
ldap_user_principal = userPrincipalName

ldap_sasl_mech = GSSAPI
ldap_sasl_authid = DC1$@EXAMPLE.COM
ldap_krb5_init_creds = true

Change the passwd and group sections of /etc/nsswitch.conf to be "files
sss".

service sssd restart

edit the nscd conf file (etc/nscd.conf I believe) and set passwd &
groups cache to no

Remove these lines from smb.conf:
>            winbind enum users = Yes
>            winbind enum groups = Yes
>            winbind use default domain = Yes
>            idmap_ldb : use rfc2307 = yes
>            idmap config DOM : range = 500 - 2000      # range winbind has authority over to set.
>            idmap config DOM : backend = ad
>            idmap config * : range = 1000000-1999999  # range for entries if winbind can't find proper #
>            idmap config * : backend = tdb

restart Samba

Getent should now show both local and domain, users & groups.

Rowland