[Samba] Samba4 Winbind on DC Authentication problem

Ron García-Vidal ron at riomargroup.com
Wed Dec 4 13:13:59 MST 2013

On 12/4/2013 3:09 AM, steve wrote:
> This looks like a pam problem. Have you added winbind to pam? If so,
> where is it? Can you post your stack? Especially common-auth HTH Steve

Thanks Steve, you're right.  I wasn't familiar with the "success=1"
notation in the common-auth.  I guess this is post Debian 6.  The number
of lines to skip was incorrect and landing me right on the pam_deny.so
line.  This is why it wasn't showing a password failure, but not letting
me in anyway.  Just wanted to post this for future google searches.

-Ron

Riomar Group <http://www.riomargroup.com>*Ron García-Vidal | President |
Riomar Group (A NYC & NYS Certified MBE)*
1315 Prospect Ave., First Floor | Brooklyn, NY 11218
2655 Le Jeune Road, Suite 915 | Coral Gables, FL 33134
(347) 746-6276 | www.riomargroup.com <http://www.riomargroup.com>
ron at riomargroup.com <mailto:ron at riomargroup.com>