[Samba] Server IP address change - still referencing old one

samba1 at nym.hush.com samba1 at nym.hush.com
Wed Dec 4 10:34:32 MST 2013

I’m running SerNet Samba 4.1.2 on Debian Wheezy.  I’ve changed the
IP address of the server, and in log.nmbd I’m getting the following
messages:

Become_domain_master_query_success:
There is already a domain master browser at <Old IP> for workgroup
<DOMAIN> registered on subnet UNICAST_SUBNET.
Become_logon_server_success:
Samba is now a local logon server for workgroup <DOMAIN> on subnet
<New IP>.
Samba is now a local master browser for workgroup <DOMAIN> on
subnet <New IP>.

Domain_master_node_status_fail:
Doing a node status request to the domain master browser
For Workgroup <DOMAIN> at IP <Old IP> failed.
Cannot sync browser lists.

It appears to be a common problem, but I’ve tried the quoted
solution of backing-up then deleting browse.dat and wins.dat, and
also wins.tdb.  However, when I restart, the problem reappears, and
wins.dat contains entries for the old IP address.

I think the neworking side of things is okay – the hosts file and
interface seem fine, and I can ping the server at the new address,
but not the old one.