[Samba] Samba 4 DNS name Planing

Chan Min Wai dcmwai at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 04:22:26 MST 2013

Dear Louis,

Indeed, you have a very good example and for me to explanation everything.
As per your explanation,

By controlling the sub domain "location1.company.tld" we can make it
internal or external...

Which make life much easier if we want to expand.

Also on the same time the ldap tree can also follow the same method without
need a re-design.

You should wrote your explanation somewhere on The Samba.org DNS page...

Using something.local was somehow complicated later if need to change...

Thank You.

Do you mind If I take your explanation when I wrote the setup guide for
Gentoo samba4 Howto?

Regards,
Min Wai