[Samba] Same home path on multiple servers - how to ?

Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Tue Dec 3 09:13:11 MST 2013

Hi,

I have a samba 3.6 PDC with ldap backend.

Now I'd like to add an other storage samba server which uses the same
home directory structure as the PDC.

I have configured the new server using winbind, so the users can log in
with the password stored in ldap.

But the home directory stored in ldap is not used; the new server
searches in /home/UID or /home/DOMAIN/uid.

Any hints? Or suggestions?

	Thanks and regards . Götz
--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 82 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jürgen Walter MdL
Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Thomas Schadt