[Samba] Samba 3.6 + sssd 1.9.5

Taylor, Jonn jonnt at taylortelephone.com
Mon Dec 2 08:31:23 MST 2013

I have been using winbind for awhile on y linux servers and
workstations. This has worked ok. I am changing to sssd and need to
verify the basic samba config so that samba uses sssd and not winbind.
Here is my smb.conf. My domain is an samba4 domain running forest level
2003 and domain level 2008r2.

SSSD is up and working and getent passwd can see my domain users. Pam
and nss is also working.

Jonn

     security = ADS
     kerberos method = system keytab
     log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
     client signing = Yes
     server signing = auto
     idmap config * : schema_mode = rfc2307
     idmap config TAYLORTELEPHONE:backend = rid
     idmap config TAYLORTELEPHONE:range = 500-4000000
     idmap config * : range = 500-4000000
     idmap config * : backend = ad
     admin users = "@TAYLORTELEPHONE\Domain Admins"