[Samba] objectClass:posixAccount missing

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sat Aug 31 13:36:56 MDT 2013

On Sat, 2013-08-31 at 20:17 +0200, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> Al 31/08/13 18:00, En/na steve ha escrit:
>
> >> Hi
> >> It doesn't work here either. The only way we can get it to authenicate
> >> or join the domain is to add:
> >> I.P.ADD.RRESS f.q.d.n short-hostname
> >> of the DC to /etc/hosts
> >>
> >> Steve
> >>

> > Oh, and:
> > 127.0.0.1 localhost f.q.d.n
> > 127.0.0.1 short-hostname
>
> That last bit did it (the I.P.ADD.RRESS f.q.d.n short-hostname was
> already there, one of those previous failed attempts):
>
> [root at cliente luca]# net ads join -U Administrator
> Enter Administrator's password:
> Using short domain name -- WETRON
> Joined 'CLIENTE' to dns domain 'wetron.es'
> No DNS domain configured for cliente. Unable to perform DNS Update.
> DNS update failed!
>
> Why is it necessary?

I think you may have had /etc/hostname with the fqdn, whereas it
_should_ only have the hostname.

IOW:
You have to have
hostname -s
return _just_ the hostname _without_ the domain.
And:
hostname -f
return the fqdn

I understand that you now have the domain join and sssd auth from the
keytab without either the DNS update nor the something not found errors?

Dare I mention that it is really nice with sssd v1.10 and above as it
gives us dynamic dns updates on the fly for Linux clients, just like
windows. Pero no digas nada a nadie lol.

Salu2,
Steve